This weekend, you might want to load up on fresh fruits and veggies while you’re in Tagaytay. Check out this haul of organic vegetables from @vemacaspac– a bountiful harvest of leafy greens, cucumber, and string beans! ????????????
Not just a hub for local tourism and destination weddings, Metro Tagaytay is also a massive food hub, with farms of all kinds in and around the neighborhood. So if you want to get your fresh produce straight from the source, this is the place to be!
If you’re wondering where to get fresh fruits and veggies while in Tagaytay, here are a few tips:
- First of all, don’t get them at the supermarket. You’ll be able to get them cheaper (and fresher!) elsewhere in the neighborhood.
- Farm operations such as Leisure Farm or Sweet Springs Country Farm have booths just outside the supermarket (in Robinsons), and you’ll discover that you can get essentials like lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers, etc. for better prices.
- Visit nearby establishments like Nurture Wellness Village, Sonya’s Garden, Gourmet Farms, Ilog Maria, Yoki’s Farm, Isabel’s, etc. and pick up produce from these guys as they grow their own.
- Head on over to Mahogany Market, the Tagaytay Public Market, or any of the local markets in Amadeo, Silang, Alfonso, Indang, or Mendez for the good stuff. Look around for local cooperatives too. You’ll need to keep track of market days, however, so ask the locals about that.
- Our favorite: look for makeshift stands when you travel the back roads, and buy your fruits and veggies off regular folk selling their produce from outside their houses!
The Best of Tagaytay Country Living
Just as much as we’d love to feature where to eat, where to stay, and what to do in Metro Tagaytay, we’d also love to cover stories that involve farming and gardening, country home design, agri- and eco-business opportunities, and everyday snapshots of the provincial lifestyle.
Visit Tagaytay Living on Instagram for our latest Tagaytay country living updates.
Wanna share your own stories and snapshots of Tagaytay country living? We’d love to feature you too! Feel free to get in touch with our team today, or connect with us via email or Facebook to get things going.